Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Delicious Autumn!

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

Leaves in Hobble Creek Canyon


I have been inspired by the beautiful autumn-themed posts of others to write my own post about this wonderful season.  While each season has its charms, autumn has always been my favorite.  I think it started while growing up in Redlands, CA where the summers were excruciatingly hot and fall marked the beginning of the cool, crisp weather.  My feelings for this season have only become stronger since living in Utah and New York.  The leaves change to such vibrant colors here in Utah and fall in Manhattan meant cooler weather, fewer crowds, jackets, and pumpkins on the worn steps of brownstones.

We have had the most glorious fall weekends these past two weekends in Utah.  Two Saturdays ago I started the day by riding my bike up Hobble Creek Canyon with another teacher at my school.  Last Sunday, Darren and I took a drive up the same canyon to snap some pictures of the changing leaves.  My love for this season has been born all over again.  I returned from both trips feeling invigorated--wanting to pull out my spice candles, pour some apple cider, make a carmel apple, eat candy corns, and start carving a pumpkin.  It truly is a delicious season, isn't it?

Hobble Creek Canyon

Hobble Creek Canyon

Hobble Creek Canyon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Deluxe Designs