Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Night Cooking

Those who know me well know that cooking isn't really my thing.  Baking sometimes, but cooking ... never.  My attempts to cook in the past have produced some pretty interesting meals.  Those that did turn out edible only came after a lot of angsting on my part.  Darren has been a sport.  We received so many wonderful cooking supplies for our wedding, though, that I knew I couldn't give up.  Practice makes perfect, right?  I would love cooking to be a favorite past-time of mine, so I'm going to work and will it to be so.

A few weeks ago I made a summer's resolution to try at least one new recipe a week.  Baby steps.  Tonight I took pictures of my meal and wanted to share.  I decided to do a more simple dinner: a grilled chicken salad with sliced grapes and strawberries.  The lettuce and strawberries came from my cousin Mary Wintch's garden.  So great to have fresh food to eat.  Thanks, Mary!  I used goldfish for croutons, a tasty trick I learned from my college roommate, Shelley.


 Since all I had to do for dinner was grill chicken and slice fruit, I decided to be a little more adventurous with the dessert.  I made home-made vanilla ice cream!  This was a big deal for me because, unlike a recent banana bread incident, it actually worked and tasted really good!  This might be a new favorite.  I had mine with strawberries and Darren chose to go with peaches.  It was a light, but yummy, summer meal.

1 comments:

  1. So cute Kate, hang in there you will be an amazing cook!
    You can always call Dominos:-)
    ,

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Deluxe Designs